Saturday, June 12, 2010

Not even enough time for a 5 minute thought? Really?

Yeah, I've been having trouble getting enough time to even post a 5 minute thought.

I've started an online college course, and it's eating up pretty much every available minute of my time. Well, that and this massive project I'm working on at work, so I don't even have time during the day to post stuff. I'm still trying to do better, for those couple of people who actually read this stuff :P

Anyway, today I ordered a Western Digital WD TV HD Live box. I already have an Asus O!Play Air box that my father in law uses, so I decided to get something different for my second Digital Media Player. I'm very interested in the hack-ability of these things. For example, I know the O!Play air can be tweaked if you log into it via Telnet... For example, you can permanently link network drives to it as if they were local if you "mount" the drives in just the right way within the Linux file system that it runs... I expect I'll be able to mess around similarly with the WD box. I'll post a review after I have it here to play with it.

That's it for now, I'll try to get back tomorrow with more!

No comments:

Post a Comment