Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Today's 5 minute thought

Last night, I had a power outage. It was about 4 in the morning when the power went out, and it was out for about an hour.

I sleep with a CPAP machine to help me breathe. When the power goes out, I wake up. Drat. And I can't go back to sleep without it, try as I might. So, yeah - I know exactly how long the power was out.

Anyway, as I always do when the power goes out, I went around the house and unplugged all the computers from the electrical outlets. This is something we've had to do for years and years and years... All of us home tech guys. Because when the power comes back ON, there's no telling how many volts will be coming down the wire for that initial spike. It certainly isn't guaranteed to be 110 volts.

Anyway, today's thought - Unplug your computers when the power goes out. Better safe than sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment