Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Macaroon! By Maul

If your playing World of Warcraft and you like to use macros, you NEED to be using Macaroon.

Macaroon is an action-bar replacement add-on that I'd just amazing. It can coexist with... or COMPLETELY replace blizzard's built in action-bar interface. The best part, however is that it gives you virtually unlimited macros.

Macaroon does support blizzard's concept of "action id's", but it also let's you attach a custom macro to any button you create with it, and you can create hundreds of buttons if you want.

I personally use it to create two rows of 32 buttons each on the bottom edge of my screen, and that's just for my bank of seldom used buttons...

For my main bank of buttons, I use 5 by 2 button grid that corresponds to the 10 keyboard-style buttons of my Nostromo n52... Yeah, that doesn't sound like much until you understand that those ten buttons change to another set of ten buttons if I hold down the Alt button, which I also have mapped on my Nostromo... And another ten buttons if I hold down the shift key, which is also bound on the Nostromo. Oh, and for good meshed, I get another ten buttons if I hold down alt and shift together. That's 40 action buttons each with it's own macro code.

But, it doesn't stop there... Because Macaroon is sophisticated enough to be stance sensitive... That means I can also have another 40 action buttons for being in Druid Bear Form, another 40 while in Cat Form, and even another 40 for being in stealth mode in cat form. I could do another 40 for each of travel form, aquatic form, or flight form, but that's just overkill...

Another feature that makes macaroon so cool is that you can create bars anywhere on the screen, in any size, number of rows, or columns you could want. The bars can be dual-spec sensitive, giving you a completely new set of bars automatically when you switch talents. You can even make bars hidden or auto-hide-unless-mouseover. That can be useful if you prefer to use the keyboard over clicking buttons, because macaroon supports binding keyboard buttons to any button, shown, hidden, or even in storage.

So thats my mini-review of Macaroon. Seriously, it Rawks.

- Posted on the run (iPhone)

No comments:

Post a Comment